Houston Air Conditioning and Heating Questions
Air conditioning, installation and repair in the Houston area is our specialty. At A-1 Tops Air Conditioning & Heating, we pride ourselves in knowing how important your comfort and health are to you and your family. Read on to have your Houston air conditioning and heating questions answered.
1. Call several local service companies and ask them how soon they can visit you. If the heat index is not 106 degrees and your situation is not deemed an emergency, many companies will not make you a priority. At A-1 Tops Services, we understand that if your situation were not considered an emergency, at least to you, you wouldn't need a service technician. At A-1 Tops, we consider each customer's need as a real emergency.
2. Ask to receive a firm bid on the services needed. If a company is going to give you a "ballpark" figure, then ask yourself if you've ever paid less than estimated when you were given a 'ballpark' estimate. If the answer is not up to your standards or if the dealer cannot answer your questions, we strongly recommend you use someone else to service your AC and Heating needs. needs.
3. Ask for referrals. Any company that has been in business for more than a few years should have several references at their fingertips that they should be able to give you. Alternatively, if the references that they give you are more than a year old, then how can you trust their real track record? All company references should be current. Air conditioners are like your automobile. Would you take your car into be serviced by a company that you weren't sure would be around a year later? Would you buy a car from a dealer who you weren't 100% comfortable with? The company that services, repairs, or sells you your air conditioning or heating unit should be treated no differently.
4. Ask to verify their length of time in business by researching their license. If a company is relatively new in business, then how can you be sure that they will be around when any warranty work may need to be done on you unit? If the job isn't done right the first time, how do you know that they will be around to fix it the right way? (Not that we recommend that any company should give their customers a less than 100% effort on their first visit). Any company that requires repeated visits to repair or service your unit should raise a red flag in your mind and we suggest you contact your local Better Business Bureau.
5. Ask your contractor thoroughly examine your ductwork. Many companies simply do not offer this and most older homes require it. The majority of customer complaints deal with the fact that their new AC unit doesn't cool any better or worse than their old one. If your contractor examines your ductwork closely, you can feel secure that they are checking the least expensive problem first. Many times you do not need a new unit, simply a repair to the ductwork and a routine unit servicing.
6. Your overall comfort relies heavily on the fact that your unit, ductwork, electrical and mechanical components work in harmony together with minimal effort. Ask your technician for a checklist of the parts, units and components that were checked during their visit to your home. If you doubt the truth to some of their answers, go with your first judgment. Let's face it, if your contractor did not enter your home, climb on a ladder and inspect the ductwork, it shouldn't be checked off should it?
7. Ask about their company's individual warranty, pricing and inspection policies. If they cannot give you a straight answer, you should politely thank them for their time and close the door behind you.
8. If a company, service technician, or representative is reluctant to give you their state license information or will not give you a list of their accreditations please gather as much information as possible on their company and contact your local licensing board to report their actions. Then call A-1 Tops.
9. Ask them how long it will take to complete the job. If you are not satisfied with their answer, demand an explanation, but don't expect them to take you any more or less seriously. Remember, to many companies your definition of an emergency just doesn't matter to them.
10. Finally, ask yourself if you were impressed by their timeliness, knowledge and professionalism. If not, call A-1 Tops. Our professional and courteous technicians are trained to meet your needs first. If you are still not impressed.... I want to know personally. Please contact me, Gregg Berens, President & Owner of A-1 Tops Services.
Whether you're remodeling, building a new home or simply replacing your existing heating system, you can depend on A-1 Tops for reliable, efficient heating solutions that will last for years to come. If you have any more Houston air conditioning and heating questions, be sure to give us a call at 713-783-2665.